users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: non-built-in/value data types and serialization/deserialzation pr oblems

From: Phil Goodwin <Phil.Goodwin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:40:17 -0700

Were these types used during the generation of the server?

Havaldar, Raghu wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Environment:
>- JAX-RPC RI 1.0.1
>- Win2K
>- JDK 1.3.1
>
>I have defined a bunch of non-built-in/value types as per Section 5.4 of
>the JAX-RPC spec. Each of them has a public no-arg constructor, and
>have all the variables defined to be public.
>
>When I try to use DII in a client and invoke the service, I get the
>following error:
>
> [java] java.rmi.ServerException: Internal Server Error (deserialization
>error: unexpected XML reader state. expected: END but found: START: esn)
> [java] at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._raiseFault(StreamingSender.java:357)
> [java] at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:228)
> [java] at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.dii.CallInvokerImpl.doInvoke(CallInvokerImpl.java:54)
> [java] at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.dii.BasicCall.invoke(BasicCall.java:279)
> [java] at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.dii.CallInvocationHandler.doCall(CallInvocationHandle
>r.java:96)
> [java] at
>com.sun.xml.rpc.client.dii.CallInvocationHandler.invoke(CallInvocationHandle
>r.java:68)
> [java] at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
> [java] at com.onstar.vehcomm.client.LockUnlockClient.main(Unknown
>Source)
>
>Is this some kind of serialization/deserialization error or some internal
>bug ? I have seen a similar problem
>being reported on BugParade - # 4736947.
>

>thanks,
>raghu

Phil Goodwin, Java Software, Sun Microsystems, 408.276.7090, or x17090
For a bowl of water give a goodly meal;
For a kindly greeting bow thou down with zeal;
For a simple penny pay thou back with gold;
If thy life be rescued, life do not withhold.
Thus the words and actions of the wise regard;
Every little service tenfold they reward.
But the truly noble know all men as one,
And return with gladness good for evil done.