users@jax-rpc.java.net

JAX RPC https SSL Hanshake error

From: Eric Mckinley <eric.mckinley_at_ECET.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 03:37:45 -0600

It appears from our testing that the helloclient when specified to use https, does no do so.

our code is like this:

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword",
"changeit");
System.setProperty ("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", "c:\\clientA.keystore");
java.security.Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

Stub stub = createProxy();
stub._setProperty(
Stub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY,
"https://ericmckinley1:8443/jaxrpc-hello/jaxrpc/HelloIF");
HelloIF hello = (HelloIF)stub;
System.out.println(hello.sayHello("Duke!"));

When we run it we get an SSL Handshake error on the server, the error on the server is identical to the error one gets when they try to open a URL connection on port 8443 using http,i.e.

PoolTcpEndpoint: Handshake failed
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL handshake.
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(DashoA6275)
at java.io.OutputStream.write(OutputStream.java:58)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(DashoA6275)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JSSESocketFactory.handshake(JSSESocketFact
ory.java:270)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:493)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP
ool.java:518)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

We have successfully connected to the server through a java client using https on port 8443, and all certifcate and key authentication occurs, but cannot do so using the web services pack/code.

Is there some extra settings we are missing?
Thanking you in advance,
Eric.