users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: another array question

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:59:35 -0700

Hi,

The type of the array depends on the WSDL. If the WSDL says
arrayType="xsd:anyType[]" then it maps to an Object[]. But if it says
something like arrayType="xsd:string[]" then it maps to the
corresponding array type, in this case String[].

Multi-dimensional arrays get mapped accordingly as well. Sp 2-dim arrays
are mapped to X[][], 3-dim ones to X[][][], and X depends on the type in
WSDL. If this type is not specified, then it gets mapped to Object.

The first example on the page 24 of the spec has
wsdl:arrayType="xsd:int[]" and thus it gets mapped to int[]. Similarly
in second example the type is defined as "xsd:string" and thus it gets
mapped to String[]. In the third example, since there is no type
attribute associated, it defaults to anyType and thus gets mapped to
Object[].

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

bytecode_at_phreaker.net wrote:

>Does the array below map to a String[] or an Object[] . Page 24 of teh
>specs leads me to believe that it maps to Object.
>Is that true ?
>
>Do all soapenc:Array objects map to Object ?? What about multi dimensional
>ones do they map to Object[][] ??
>

><foo>
><barenc:arrayType="xsd:string[4]" xsi:type="soapenc:Array">
> <item xsi:type="xsd:string">sometext</item>
> <item xsi:type="xsd:string">sometext</item>
> </bar>
></foo>
>

>Thanks

>http://mail2web.com/ .

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html