users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Security and JAX-RPC

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_MANES.NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:04:50 -0400

Mischa,

Just to let you know -- the cost of performance of XML encryption will be at
least as expensive as SSL. Encryption is expensive.

The way to do it with JAX-RPC is to use a JAX-RPC handler. You intercept the
call after the message has been composed, encrypt it, then send it. The same
JAX-RPC handler is required on both client and service.

Anne