users@jax-rpc.java.net

createConnection() failing in JWSDP for access to Registry

From: Vidhya Mahadevan <vidhya_mahadevan_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 09:11:30 -0600

Hi,
 I just downloaded the JWSDP kit from SUN to try out some web services examples.
I wish to register a service and then search for that service.
This is the piece of code that I used for this purpose.

String regUrli = "http://www-3.ibm.com/services/uddi/v2beta/inquiryapi";
String regUrlp = "https://www-3.ibm.com/services/uddi/v2beta/protect/publishapi";

Properties props = new Properties();
props.setProperty("javax.xml.registry.queryManagerURL",regUrli);
props.setProperty("javax.xml.registry.lifeCycleManagerURL", regUrlp);
props.setProperty("javax.xml.registry.factoryClass",
   "com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.ConnectionFactoryImpl");

   props.setProperty("javax.xml.registry.http.proxyHost", httpProxyHost);
   props.setProperty("javax.xml.registry.http.proxyPort", httpProxyPort);
   props.setProperty("javax.xml.registry.https.proxyHost", httpsProxyHost);
   props.setProperty("javax.xml.registry.https.proxyPort", httpsProxyPort);

ConnectionFactory factory =
ConnectionFactory.newInstance();
factory.setProperties(props);
Connection connection = factory.createConnection();
RegistryService rs = connection.getRegistryService();

I have given the values of my proxy and my ports .

The code fails at the createConnection() method call.
The error is as follows :

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.SecurityException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.security.auth.SubjectDomainCombiner
 at javax.security.auth.Subject.(Subject.java:170)
 at com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.ConnectionImpl.(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.xml.registry.uddi.ConnectionFactoryImpl.createConnection(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.xml.registry.common.ConnectionFactoryImpl.createConnection(Unknown Source)

I have taken care of the classpaths for the following jar files in JWSDP :
common\lib\jaas.jar, common\lib\jaxm-client.jar;common\lib\jaxr-ri.jar

Has anybody faced similar problems ?
PLease let me know what else I need to do ?
I have even tried registering a business for test purposes under IBM's site.

Thanks,
vidhya