users@jax-rpc.java.net

How to manage protected beans?

From: Mischa <yawningrascal_at_HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 13:58:32 -0600

hi,

I got some beans I want to use for a web service. Unfortunately the constructors are all protected and I am not allowed to change them.

There is one important bean (say GeneraterBean) who supplies other beans through it's accessor methods. So I tried to make subclasses of that beans with a public constructor. But unfortunately I can't cast them from e.g. SuperDatabean to SubDatabean. I thought that would help me to save time in coding wrapper methods for the beans.

Am I right that there is no possibility to use the sub-beans with a public constructor as long as I got to cast them, because of the GeneraterBean which only supplies the protected beans?

Thanx for any ideas,
Mischa