users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Context in webservices

From: Armond Avanes <armond333_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 21:17:36 -0700

Hi Botond,

Would you please provide me the peice of code you've
used to reach into context from your web service class
?
I need to have session tracking on my web services.

Best Regards,
Armond

----------------------------
Thanks, thats working.

Another question would be, how can I deploy different
webservices in the same web application? I managed to
access the ServletContext, but the different
webservices use different ServletContexts. I know that
the ServletContexts are different for the individual
web applications, so I figured out, that the solution
would be to deploy my webservices in the same web
application.

Regards, Botond.

Simon Horrell wrote:

>Have a look at the JAX-RPC spec and check the
>javax.xml.rpc.server.ServiceLifeCycle interface. The
Web service
>endpoint class may implement this interface. Its
init() method has a
>single parameter which is a
javax.xml.rpc.server.ServletEndpointContext
>implementation provided by the JAX-RPC runtime
implementation. This
>allows access to the underlying
javax.servlet.ServletContext,
>javax.servlet.http.HttpSession etc. Note that the
parameter of the