users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: DII Call returning a JavaBean as return type

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:39:54 -0700

Hi,

With DII clients, you also need to register the serializers with the
type mapping registry. Please refer to
http://swjscmail1.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0204&L=jaxrpc-interest&P=R10787&m=289
for more details on how to do that.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Hrishikesh Bhagwat wrote:

>I suggest that you may first go through
>section 5.4 of JAX-RPC specs (ver 0.9)
>to know more about how JavaBeans are
>handled by the JAX-RPC infrsstructure.
>
>Now, so far as writing the code is
>concerned, there's a goood news .
>You have to do nothing different from
>what you would other wise do to return
>say a String Object. yet, here are the
>steps in brief
>
> 1. write the
> JavaBean class.
> The Service Defn Interface
> The Impl
>
> 2. Compile them
>
> 3. run the xrpcc tool.
> (if you have coded the Bean
> class correctly this step
> would get executed quitely,
> as if you were using any of
> the simple types)
>
> 4. Write and compile the client.
> 5. Run !
>
>(hope i didnt miss out any thing) enJoy!
>
>Hrishikesh

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html