users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAXRPC-Commerical Implementation

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_MANES.NET>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 10:20:17 -0400

The license restriction is defined by Sun and the JCP -- Apache Axis is a
beta implementation of the JAX-RPC API, and hence the distribution must also
reference the JCP license. Apache cannot release a final release of Axis
until the JAX-RPC API is complete and Axis passes the JAX-RPC TCK tests.
(Apache must license the TCK from Sun.) Once that's done, then Apache Axis
could be used in commercial products in accordance with the Apache license.

Anne