users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: public field in application class

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:22:28 -0700

Hi Mischa,

JAX-RPC specification does not require support for a round trip mapping
between the WSDL and Java definitions. And thus generating a JAX-RPC
value type with accessors is not an incorrect behavior.

Moreover the information about the value type that whether it's fields
were public or were accessed via getters/setters is lost in WSDL. Thus
if you are importing a WSDL, the value types so generated will have
getters/setters. The data stored in the value type gets transferred
irrespective of the fact that it's fields are public or accessed via
getters/setters.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Mischa wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as I used an application class as JAX-RPC Type I wondered about the dealing with public fields. Every public field occurs in the wsdl file. But on clientside I can't use them directly but only with Accessormethods of the created stub. Isn't that a little inconsistent that I work on on a remote object with methods that infact are not existent in the "real" class.
>Thanx for advice,
>Mischa

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html