users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Authentication through a Proxy Server

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 10:18:11 -0800

Hi Datta,

Try developing a simple application as:

java.net.URL url = new URL("http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxrpc/index.html");
java.net.URLConnection conn = url.getConnection();
System.out.println(conn.getContentType());

And then pass proxy properties to this application. If this application
does not work, then you know that you are not setting the properties
correctly.

Also, -Dhttp.proxyUser and -Dhttp.proxyPassword are not standard
properties. You can refer to
http://figjam.aus.sun.com/jdk1.4/docs/guide/net/properties.html for the
complete list of networking properties.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

S Datta wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My client is behind a proxy server which requires a UserId/Password for authentication. Even though I have set up the following properties, it does not work:
>
> -Dhttp.proxySet=true -Dhttp.proxyHost=<host name> -Dhttp.proxyPort=<Port Number> -Dhttp.proxyUser=<UserId> -Dhttp.proxyPassword=<Password>
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Regards,
> S Datta

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html