users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: getPort() question

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:42:07 -0800

Hi Sang,

Dynamic Proxies are not implemented yet in the latest release of JAX-RPC
implementation. And thus stub implementations are returned by default by
  the getPort() method.

Stay tuned for dyanmic proxies feature in the next public release of
JAX-RPC.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Shin, Sang wrote:

> In the API spec, the getPort() method is described as following:
>
> public java.rmi.Remote getPort(java.lang.Class serviceDefInterface)
> The getPort method Returns either an instance of a generated stub implementation class or a dynamic proxy.
> The parameter serviceDefInterface specifies the service definitiojava.lang.reflect.Proxyn interface that is
> supported by the returned stub or proxy. In the implementation of this method, the JAX-RPC runtime system
> takes the responsibility of selecting a protocol binding (and a port) and configuring the stub accordingly. The
> returned Stub instance should not be reconfigured by the client.
>
> So it seems this method can return either stub implementation or dynamic
> proxy. My question is how does JAX-RPC runtime decide which one
> to return? Thanks
>
> -Sang

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html