users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Keeping the session at SOAP ?!

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_MANES.NET>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 11:08:00 -0500

Stateful services are currently a feature of your SOAP implementation. Most
SOAP implementations don't support them. Those that do use a variety of
mechanisms to reference these services.

Systinet WASP supports stateful services by generating an instance id, which
gets passed as a header element in your SOAP messages. WASP server also
manages the lifecycle of the stateful service, automatically garbage
collecting it when it's no longer being used.

We're working with a few other companies right now to define a standard
header specification to represent stateful services and remote references.
(Tune into the W3C lists for more information.)

NOTE:
WASP doesn't yet support JAX-RPC, although the current API mirrors its
capabilities (compiled stubs, dynamic proxies, and DII clients, type
support, serializers, etc.). We plan to switch over to the JAX-RPC API in
our next release. We already have support for JAXM.

Best regards,
Anne Thomas Manes
CTO, Systinet