dev@jax-rpc.java.net

how to add a soap/saaj handler to java web svc standalone client

From: emiddio-verizon <emiddio_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:25:26 -0700

i'm trying to learn/understand jax-rpc soap stuff in detail; i've dnloaded built/compiled a jaxrpc-ri implementation from cvs;

i've made use of a Handler - extends GenericHandler for a simple web svc deployed onto glassfishv2ur2; there
i have to edit/add to the webservices.xml file;

i also have a jax-rpc standalone websvc client to talk to the web-svc; my understanding is
deployed web services which are clients of other web services can can also have Handlers -
though i read somewhere they are configured differently -- not in webservices.xml in glassfish.

i'm thinking i should be able to programatically add a handler to my standalone client -- i want to examine
the SOAP msg just before it goes over the wire. -- and possibly as soon as the reply is received.

where can i find info on how to do this?

thanks