users@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Forwarding a request to the Faces servlet

From: Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet_at_seimet.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:48:45 +0100

Hello Ryan,

> If you forward the the FacesServlet, the FacesContext should be setup for
> you
> automatically (this is done in the FacesServlet.service() method).
> Any chance you can post the forward URL and the mapping(s) for the
> FacesServlet?

Thank you for your quick response. Since you said that the context should be
created automatically I checked my code once again and found what was wrong:
Instead of getting the request dispatcher for .jsf (this is the suffix the
Faces servlet is mapped to) I was using the dispatcher for .jsp. This was
an obvious mistake, but I only realized it after reading your response.
Thank you for your help!

Best regards Uwe