users@javaserverfaces.java.net

Exception handling in JSF

From: java_buff <amolvc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 07:07:30 -0800 (PST)

This question has been asked time and again, without any clear answers to
it. I would appreciate if some one can help me on this.
I am developing a web application with the following architecture:
JSF page calls backing bean methods which calls the service methods. Now my
service methods can throw different exceptions like ValidationException,
BusinessException, SystemException etc.

Now, what i want to do is : If Validation/Business Exceptions are thrown
show the error messages to the user on the same page from which the action
was called. And if a SystemException is thrown navigate to a default error
page.

How can i handle this thing? Any clues?