users@javaserverfaces.java.net

t:updateActionListner....Help needed.

From: Nishant <katoch.nishant_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 22:00:52 -0700 (PDT)

I am aware that this is the standard way to set the value of
updateactionListner.

<t:commandButton id="testButton" value="Submit"
action="#{clickHandler.setClick}">
<t:updateActionListener property="#{clickHandler.iD}" value="#{somebean:id}"
/>
</t:commandButton>

----- But my requiremenent is the following....

have a form like this which will be submitted via Javascript.
images/some.jpg

<h:form id="testForm">
<t:inputHidden id="igId"/>
<t:commandButton id="testButton" value="Submit"
action="#{clickHandler.setClick}">
<t:updateActionListener property="#{clickHandler.iD}"
value="#{testForm:igId}" />
</t:commandButton>
</h:form>

Javascript will be like this.

function jsFunction(a)
 {
 alert('111');
 document.getElementById('testForm:igId').value= a;

var buttonObject=
window.parent.document.getElementById("testForm:testButton");
buttonObject.click(); // This would help in submitting the first page
// to submit to the needed action method
}

------I know it might look odd to do things in this way, but this is the
trick I have to do to accomplish some stuff.

---- On following the above steps I get the following error.

javax.faces.el.ReferenceSyntaxException: testForm:igId

com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.checkSyntax(ApplicationImpl.java:752)

-- Please advise how to populate the updateactionlistner via javascript,
before form submit.

PLEASE ADVICE WHAT SHOULD I DO.