users@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Question regarding includes and subviews

From: Jason Lee <jason_at_steeplesoft.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:05:45 -0600

On 3/5/07, Jon Miller <jemiller_at_uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Regarding the comments, I'm using JSP XML documents. <%-- --%> isn't valid
> XML, so, I can't use that. Also, even if it's using an XML comment, it
> should just be sending it as template text to the client. That's not
> what's
> happening. JSF is still turning it into actual components. What I've been
> wondering is if there is a JSP XML document way of commenting things so
> that
> it doesn't go back to the client as template text?

I thought of something after I left the office. You might try wrapping the
table in JSP comments to prevent processing, then wrapping that in HTML/XML
comments to make the parser happy. It might not like the "--" in the JSP
comments, so that may not work. I don't have anything setup to test that,
so I'm shooting from the hip. :)

jason lee