users@javaserverfaces.java.net

A question about using the same JSP file to add and update data.

From: Todd Patrick <Todd.Patrick_at_dtn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:13:01 -0600

JSF 1.1 I have a single JSP file. What I would like to do is use the same JSP file to add *AND* update data in the same database table. I have all of the h:inputText elements' value attributes bind to the related backing bean properties. The backing bean scope is set to request. JSP <--> Backing Bean What is happening; the JSP page is used for adding data. When I go back to the page, through a different h:commandButton action, to update the data, the user's value entered in the h:inputText elements to add data are still present instead of the values from the backing bean. Is there something I need to do to clear the context or cache of these elements? Thanks, --Todd ----------------------------------------- NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.