users@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Correct implementation of Phase Listener for session data.

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 12:19:13 -0800

Todd Patrick wrote:
> "This seems fine, however, what do you plan to do if the session is no
> longer valid?"
>
> Good Point!
>
> I honestly don't know. Do you have a suggestion on how that should be
> handled?

Well, in 1.2, if you're using server side state saving and the session
becomes invalid
a ViewExpiredException is thrown. You could leverage the servlet
error-page mechanism
to catch that exception and redirect the user to the login page
(assuming you have a login
page).

Maybe some others (like Mike or Jason) could share what they do in such
a case.