users@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: JSF 1.2 Performance

From: Jacob Hookom <jacob_at_hookom.net>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 09:43:40 -0500

I'd really like to see exact numbers too, mainly everything I've seen is
with JSF 1.1:

http://67.84.193.102:8000/articles/BenchMark/

I do know there were lots of bug fixes in 1.2 that removed
synchronization locks and minute performance issues and needless object
creation. The EL language itself is just as fast, if not faster than
the commons-el used in JSP 2.0 (ex. JSP 2.1 Glassfish uses the new EL
and it hasn't shown any performance degradation despite the added
complexity/features).

Serialization is probably the major bottleneck with JSF and client-side
state saving.