users@javaserverfaces.java.net

chained EL expression rendering

From: Kristof Vanbecelaere <kva_at_jcs.be>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:51:37 +0100

Hi,

When using jsf 1.0.1_01, I have an EL expression like
bean1.bean2.property where bean2 is null on initial page rendering
and is not rendered, as expected. When back-posting, my application
actually provides a value for bean1.bean2 and so I would expect to
see property being rendered in the response, yet this is not the
case. When I actually use an expression bean1.propertyOfBean2 (so
invoking getter getPropertyOfBean2) then rendering is fine. Is there
some caching going on in the former case, assuming bean2 is still
null in the response rendering?

thanks,
Kristof