dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: [mojarra~git:e135ce33] Base formatting

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 15:54:04 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 3:37 PM, Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

> AT> ------------
> AT> Reduced size of ApplicationImpl by splitting it up in multiple classes
> AT> Moved mojarra-jsf-api-probe-provider.xml to new location
> AT> Formatting and small reduction in complexity
> AT> Base formatting
> AT> Base formatting
>
> I'm glad to see this ambitious commit.

Thanks! That one addressed the "class too big" warning from Sonar/PMD and
took considerable effort.

> Can you please share with the
> list what your requirements are regarding the pass rate on the tests?

Basically everything should, of course, pass. I've got Jenkins running
locally and I run all tests manually from the commandline in /test in the
default configuration.

> I would think it would be a good idea to get an external CI server set
> up to run the tests against GlassFish 4.1.1, but unfortunately I cannot
> offer any resources for that.

An external CI would indeed be better as I occasionally slip up and e.g.
forget to do a full build before starting the tests (so it accidentally may
test an older version), or I test from the wrong checkout folder (I edit in
IDE, run tests from commandline), etc. Still the local Jenkins does run on
the private GitHub repo, and I only push things from that private GitHub
repo to java.net if that one shows no failures.

> Can anyone else share some resources for that?

I was thinking about seeing if free OpenShift can be used for it, perhaps
in combination with slaves that dynamically connect to save some computer
power there. Otherwise I'd like to take a look at getting a paid instance
and if the bill at the end of the month is not too crazy continue with that.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms