dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Git migration is done :)

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:48:43 -0700

MR> You might or might not have noticed that we have been working hard on
MR> getting ready to host the sources on a Git repository.

MR> As the last part of this exercise I have turned off check-in access to
MR> the Subversion repository.

MR> So please re-checkout your sources using the git checkout URL:
MR> git://java.net/mojarra~git

MR> For web access see https://java.net/projects/mojarra/sources/git/show

EB> If you have commit access, please do not, under any circumstances push
EB> changes that rewrite the history. We need to make sure that everything
EB> is fast forward mergable on master when people do a pull.

I realize the normal workflow with git is to do your work in topic
branches and then send a pull request. We can't do that yet because we
still must use java.net git. You can still use topic branches and push
them to the remote but the responsibility of merging the topic branch to
master lies with each committer.

Hopefully we'll just be able to move to github and make this easier.

Thanks,

Ed

[1] https://github.com/ngriffin7a/portletbox#user-content-contributing