dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: [JIRA] (JAVASERVERFACES-3428) Composite component of contract with localePrefix fails to load

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 14:15:32 -0800

Taking discussion to dev_at_javaserverfaces.java.net.

FC> Ive been looking at this some more and I think, my second patch
FC> makes mojarra work exactly as you intended with
FC> JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-719. I changed the failing test to load
FC> a facelet from the webapp root, which still works.

FC> The FaceletWebappResourceHelper is useless for other resources than
FC> facelets, because getNonCompressedInputStream throws an
FC> exception. So I made it, that FaceletWebappResourceHelper is queried
FC> only when the other 2 ResourceHelpers dont find the desired
FC> resource.

FC> I disabled FaceletWebappResourceHelper for contracts (because
FC> WebappResourceHelper already does the trick).

FC> I disabled FaceletWebappResourceHelper for locale prefixes, because
FC> facelets are not supported with locale prefixes (though I like the
FC> idea of localized facelets).

FC> I disabled FaceletWebappResourceHelper with libraries, because
FC> facelets in libraries are only possible with composite components,
FC> which are loaded by the other 2 ResourceHelpers.

FC> Can you please check the second patch again?

FC> IMO loading resources from the webapp root should still be an
FC> exception exclusively for facelets, because otherwise the layout of
FC> a JSF application would be really complicated.

Yes, I agree. I seem to recall you found a bug in the pseudo-code in
spec PDF section 2.6.1.4 that is related to this. Can you remind me of
that? I looked in the EG archive, but didn't find the message.

In the meantime, I'm running the tests with your patch applied. I'll
followup with the results.

Ed