dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Issue #3021

From: Manfred Riem <manfred.riem_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 09:35:17 -0500

Hi all,

Can someone please respond to the comments below? Thanks!

Regards,
Manfred

Use case:http://stackoverflow.com/q/18495673/157882^

In a nutshell: during validations phase of a <f:viewParam> on a GET
request,
the locale of the UIViewRoot is not yet set with the value as available by
<f:view locale="#{sessionBean.locale}">. I've read section 2.5.2.1 of JSF
2.1 spec if the spec confirms this behavior. It states the following:

>The UIViewRoot's Locale is determined and set by the ViewHandler during
> the execution of the ViewHandler's createView() method. This method must
> cause the active Locale to bedetermined by looking at the user's
> preferences combined with the application's stated supported locales.

What exactly is "user's preferences"?

I'd expect that the evaluated value of <f:view locale> would account as
an user preference. However, it is only set during beginning of render
response phase.

Is this a bug or an oversight in the spec?