dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Container dependencies downloading

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 18:20:33 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Anthony <info_at_aplossystems.co.uk> wrote:

> I haven’t figured out what is going on yet but if I do then I can probably
> manage to keep it up to date. I’m not actually sure what Arjan is
> referring to about the eclipse project files as I wasn’t aware that there
> were any in the source to start with.

The following 2 files are Eclipse project files:

https://svn.java.net/svn/mojarra~svn/trunk/.classpath
https://svn.java.net/svn/mojarra~svn/trunk/.project

They are used so Eclipse is able to recognize the source tree as a project
and is able to do a raw build of the source code. Note that the output of
the Eclipse build is send to the trash folder via the following line in
.classpath

<classpathentry kind="output" path="trash/build"/>

This is done because the Eclipse builder hasn't been configured to produce
the actual Mojarra jars (that would be rather complicated given the current
structure), but instead it just compiles all Java source code so that its
meta model works.

As mentioned, these files have to be kept in sync with the ant build files.
As you can see from the revisions (8502 for .classpath, 4714 for .project)
these files haven't been touched in a long time. From what I remember (~1
year ago) half of the necessary dependencies could be fixed by running the
ant scripts that downloads these, while the other half had to be added
manually. I'll see if I can update the Eclipse project files again, but at
the moment I'm a little busy. I'll try to give it a shot next week or so.

P.s. as for running the Mojarra tests, I wrote a blog about this some time
ago (at http://jdevelopment.nl/run-mojarra-automated-tests), it's probably
outdated itself now but maybe it's still useful in some way.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms