dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: JSF Maven archetype code review

From: Lincoln Baxter, III <lincolnbaxter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:32:07 -0400

Hi Sheetal,

I took a look at this and it looks very good for getting users set up
quickly. Might I also suggest that you take a look at Seam Forge, which
provides much of this functionality already:

http://community.jboss.org/people/lincolnthree/blog/2011/04/04/seam-forge-100alpha3-angry-kittens-released

http://docs.jboss.org/forge/1.0.0.Alpha3/reference/en-US/html_single/#d0e19

For example, in it's simplest form, it is possible to create a new JSF
maven-based application with the following commands in Forge:

$ new-project --named jsf-quickstart --topLevelPackage
> com.example.jsf.quickstart
> $ project install-facet forge.spec.jsf

At which point the project can be deployed onto an EE appserver, other
commands may be used to extend the functionality by, installing persistence,
other specs, and other tools. A Faces plugin for forge could be a place
where many things JSF can be controlled and streamlined from a user's
perspective. Setting development/production project stage, state-saving,
etc.

Just food for thought, there is currently no Faces plugin, simply support
for faces-config. (The forge built-in scaffold features JSF)

/end pitch
~Lincoln

--
Lincoln Baxter, III