dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Eclipse report error when compiling javax.faces.validator.BeanValidator.java

From: Tom Shi <tmshi_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:31:12 -0700 (PDT)

After importing the Mojarra 2.0.4 into eclispe 3.6, I found the compile error about the BeanValidatior.java file.

The error messages is as the followings:

Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
The method validateValue(Class<T>, String, Object, Class<?>...) in the type Validator is not applicable for the arguments (Class, String, Object, Class[])    BeanValidator.java    /Mojarra/jsf-api/src/main/java/javax/faces/validator    line 307    Java Problem

There is NO error when compiling the file using jdk1.6 from command line.

I tried to use the same jdk version  in both eclispe 3.5 and 3.6, we got the same error.

When googling the website and found the similar issues, the practical fix is to add the the generic into the java source code.

Any suggestions to workaround this issue will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Tom