dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

issue 1655

From: Sheetal Vartak <sheetal.vartak_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 23:59:30 -0700

Hi Ed/Roger,

1655 is about Groovy not working with Mojarra. The issue states that there is a classloader issue that prevents Groovy from being used in conjunction with JSFs (in the Weblogic env. could just be a config issue?).

But my devtest works just fine with Groovy. I modified my simple HelloBean devtest to make it work with Groovy.
Will outline what I needed to do to get this working:

1> added the asm related jars and groovy*.jar from Groovy 1.7.3 to the <glassfish-install-dir>/lib
2> added an ant task "groovyc" to the systest-per-webapp/build.xml in order to compile the .groovy files
3> converted my managedbean java class into a groovy script (HelloBean.groovy)
4> modified the web.xml to include what Ryan has pointed out in his blog http://blogs.sun.com/rlubke/entry/groovy_mojarra
This step takes care of the classloading issue that could crop up.

Attaching my devtest here for review. Is there more to this issue than what I understand?

Thanks
Sheetal