dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Plans to specify UIRepeat et al ?

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 09:48:03 -0800

MW> with JSF 2.0, thanks to Facelets, there is a <ui:repeat>. While I
MW> understand that tags/rendering behavior is part of the internals of
MW> an implementation, I am not really sure if the underlying/related
MW> components should be "hidden" by the spec as well.

MW> For instance: I noticed that in MyFaces the UIRepeat extends
MW> UIComponentBase and implements NamingContainer, while with the JSF
MW> RI / Mojarra, the UIRepeat "just" extends the UINamingContainer...

MW> What do you think, regarding the those "unspecified" components ?

MW> ... oh yes... I know that UINamingContainer extends UIComponentBase
MW> and implements NamingContainer....

MW> but instanceof UINamingContainer doesn't say TRUE for the MyFaces UIRepeat

Hello Matthias, I think I understand what you're asking but I'm not 100%
certain. Are you saying you'd like us to add a
javax.faces.component.UIRepeat class to the API, which has the behavior
and responsibilities of the class currently called
com.sun.faces.facelets.UIRepeat? I'm certainly not opposed to the idea.

Ed