dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Invoking FacesNavigation from a Filter

From: Lincoln Baxter, III <lincolnbaxter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 17:06:54 -0400

It's the same problem with a PhaseListener. If I am attempting to
invoke navigation before RESTORE_VIEW phase, NavigationHandler cannot
find the outcome:

"Unable to find matching navigation case from view ID '' for outcome
'/faces/validation/target.jsf' "

If I invoke navigation *after* RESTORE_VIEW phase, it resolves successfully.

Perhaps this is just a bug? I feel like I should be able to invoke
navigation, if not in a filter, at least in a PhaseListener before
RESTORE_VIEW.

--Lincoln