dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: HEADS UP: Source Tree Reorg

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 09:18:53 -0700

JL> Ryan and I have been discussing migrating the Mojarra 2 build system
JL> to Maven for some time now, and we'd like to get that ball rolling.
JL> What we'd like to do is continue using the ant build while we get the
JL> Maven build ready, then, when we're comfortable with it, just start
JL> issuing different commands to build.

Sensible. I approve.

KM> Why Maven? What about just using Ivy and Ant, or maybe even Gradle?

I have to say, after having seen Hans Dokter's presentation on Gradle in
person, that I like what I saw.

AD> http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Maven2YearsAfter

Thanks for sharing this. I happen to disagree with Steve that
multi-module is difficult. I did this for jsf-extensions and it did
work for me just fine. Plus, we have a lot of maven experience in house
at Sun, due to building Glassfishv3 with Maven.

Ed