dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Checking in Andy's 180-TreeVisitor API

From: Andy Schwartz <andy.g.schwartz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:11:29 -0500

Hey Ed -

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_sun.com> wrote:

> This is checked in,

Thanks for getting this checked in!

> but the tree-visitor didn't seem to behave as I
> expected it to. The buttons in the bottom section didn't do anything.
> Andy, can you check this out and perhaps produce another patch?

You were seeing this issue that I mentioned in 180:

180> 3. The tree visit demo includes a small sample of <f:ajax>
updates within a
180> table. Currently this does not work as expected due to the fact
that <f:ajax>
180> is not interpreting execute/render ids as relative to the current naming
180> container. This needs to be fixed (Ajax issue, not tree visit issue).

Jim has since addressed this issue - see rev 6116 ("Change f:ajax tag
to use reletive id's").

I just gave the tree-visit demo a test run after updating to the
latest. The <f:ajax> table test in the tree-visit demo is now
working. (Thanks Jim!)

Andy