dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Checking in Andy's 180-TreeVisitor API

From: Andy Schwartz <andy.schwartz_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:13:43 -0500

Sweet, thanks for getting this in Ed!

Just in case anyone is curious, remaining work includes:

1. Move PartialVisitContext/FullVisitContext out of the API.

2. Adjust VisitContext contract as necessary to account for the fact
that we'll no longer have a PartialVisitContext API (may need to promote
some PartialVisitContext methods up to VisitContext).

3. Call UIComponent.pushComponentToEL() and popComponentToEL() during
the visit traversal.

4. VisitHint cleanup: Defaults should match invokeOnComponent behavior.
Hint names should be updated accordingly. Rip out VISIT_ITERATED. Add
a hint that indicates that the visit is due to lifecycle phase execution.

5. Rip out old doTreeTraversal() code.

6. Implement UIData.visitTree()

I've got a few more Ajax-related tasks that I need to take care of
today, but once I wrap that up I will work on a patch that addresses the
above items.

Note that #1-5 are easy. #6 not so easy, but doable.

Andy