dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Setting focus on input fields

From: Doug Donahue <Douglas.Donahue_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:15:02 -0400

Would there ever be a need/want to be able to focus on a given input
element within one form, but also have the ability to have the focus for
another form set to one of it's child elements on the same page?

Just taking your example of "focus=idname attribute to the f:view tag",
and using it as an attribute on any element that can have a child input
elements.

    <f:view focus="form_2">
          <h:form id="form_1" focus="text3">
                <h:inputText id="text1" value="value1"/>
                <h:inputText id="text2" value="value2"/>
                <h:inputText id="text3" value="value3"/>
          </h:form>

          <h:form id="form_2" focus="text2">
                <h:inputText id="text1" value="value1"/>
                <h:inputText id="text2" value="value2"/>
                <h:inputText id="text3" value="value3"/>
          </h:form>
    </f:view>

    Just a thought, might be more then anyone would ever need.
    Dougd