dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Setting focus on input fields

From: Doug Donahue <Douglas.Donahue_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:54:37 -0400

That is strange, I just tested it and sure enough it does not work that
way.

    Would it be safe to have the lowest "tabindex" of an input element
take the focus by default? Or is there an additional benefit to have a
"focus" attribute on any parent that can have input elements?

    I guess one benefit to the "focus" attribute would be that it would
only have scope to the child elements of itself. where as the
"tabindex" I believe is for the entire page that is rendered.

    I think that the "focus" attribute it would be a good thing to have
for JSF 2.0.

    Doug Donahue