dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Golden Files and Session IDs

From: Ken Paulsen <Ken.Paulsen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 14:23:41 -0800

FYI,  as I know you use vim, you can do this via vim by doing:

:set ff=unix

Or:

:set ff=dos

Ken

Jason Lee wrote:
On 2/4/08, Roger Kitain <Roger.Kitain@sun.com> wrote:
You should be able to specify what gets ignored during the golden file
comparison.
Take a look at build-tests.xml to see how ignore is used.

According to Ryan, the session ID is actually ignored, and that appears to be the case.  After a little digging, it appears that the EOL characters are causing problems.  Out of the box, diff -u gets me something like this (edited for space):

-<tr>
+<tr>

After forcing the text files to be the same format (I forced them both to unix, via the file command and cygwin), diff -u shows just the diffs I would expect.  I committed my change to 1.2 rolling.  Ryan said he'd test the change on a real OS (my words, though everyone's sentiment I would guess :) and merge the change into HEAD.

rlubke++ :)

--
Jason Lee, SCJP
Software Architect -- Objectstream, Inc.