dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

RE: Enable com.sun.faces.externalizeJavaScript by default?

From: <jacob_at_hookom.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:47:38 -0500

Does the JS ever change or is it static?

What's the overhead of pushing another request through JSF vs. sending the response down in one lot? We're tweaking our own applications in an attempt to actually reduce the amount of external requests for JS/CSS/etc. Looking at some .NET apps, recieving 32k in a single request may prove more performant than 4 or 5 requests over the internet for the same amount of data (24k, 2k, 5k, 1k, 1k), each with a lag time of 16ms>100ms even with the caching headers.