dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

RE: Re: Question about JSF's DataTable

From: <jacob_at_hookom.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:52:45 -0500

The attached image showed having a table header with a colspan set as a super header over a section of th's...

// vaguely like this

<thead>
    <th rowspan="2">full</th>
    <th rowspan="2">full</th>
    <th colspan="2">super header</th>
    <th>sub heading</th>
    <th>sub heading</th>
</thead>

Something that would probably require structual modification to the rendered output. I would instead promote a different visual style or background on those fields to show that they are associated. I realize you lose the grouping title.

-- Jacob