dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

change to contract of ServletRequest.setCharacterEncoding()

From: Ed Burns <ed.burns_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:00:41 -0700

Hi Jan,

The change in the contract of the method mentioned in the subject of
this message seems to have broken at least two things:

1. deployment of a web module using the admingui in glassfish

2. jsf

Now, I understand the rationale for doing this, and it makes sense to
me, so don't consider rolling it back just yet. However, please be
advised that the above two places are probably not the only places that
will hit this.

Jan, can you see what we can do about this?

I'm trying to find a workaround for the JSF case. For the deployment
case, autodeploy seems to work still.

Ed