dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Review: Put back marker logic (First iteration)

From: Ed Burns <ed.burns_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:23:17 -0700

JV> Hi Ed,
JV> If you have ideas on how to simplify this, please let me know. Based on
JV> that I can send another iteration of the change bundle.
JV> Thanks
JV> -Jayashri

JV> M com/sun/faces/application/ViewHandlerImpl.java
JV> Put back the state marker replace logic we used have before
JV> TCCI changes to enable components to be added programatically
JV> during encode.

Unfortunately, I don't think it can be simplified unless we allow the
user to tell us there are no programmatically added components during
render response. Actually, what do you think of adding a RI specific
init parameter that turns off the marker mechanism in favor of the
direct writing strategy?

Ed