dev@javaserverfaces.java.net

Re: Seeking Review [NEW] add escape attribute to Label renderer

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:00:34 -0800

CR> Ed Burns wrote:
>> [NEW] add escape attribute to Label renderer.
>>
>> CRAIG: ok with this resolution?
>>

CR> I'm fine except for a nitpick and a documentation issue.

CR> * Nitpick -- you shouldn't be editing (or checking in) xxx-attrs.xml
CR> files ...
CR> they get generated from the corresponding xxx-props.xml files (or at
CR> least they used to).

I agree. I didn't notice it, but all the *-attrs.xml files are checked
into CVS. I'll ask Jayashri to CVS remove them and make sure the build
process expects them to be generated.

CR> * Documentation issue -- there are discrepancies in the various places
CR> you describe the default value for this attribute. I agree that the
CR> default
CR> should be false, but in some places you've got it described as true.

In all places regarding the "escape" attribute of the output label
renderer, it should be false. There are other cases where it defaults
to true, for example, the Text renderer. Changing these default values
would be a spec change, and would have to be handled in another issue.

Can I consider this an r=craigmcc?

Ed