users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: [1089-PassThroughAttributes] PROPOSAL v3

From: Andy Schwartz <andy.schwartz_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:39:20 -0400

Hey Frank -

On 6/22/12 10:11 AM, Frank Caputo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand Paul's review and agree that the proposed behavior is not very handy. But the proposal covers all functional aspects of passthrough attributes and gives us the basis for enhancing the jsfc syntax to support the desired one liners and I still believe, we must do it.

Although I am behind our effort to produce a more HTML-centric authoring
experience (ie. jsfc++), I suspect that even if we deliver the most
complete, beautiful solution possible for this, there will always be
folks who will just want to use the plain old Facelets tags (h:*, or in
my case, af:* tags). For these folks (which, btw, is pretty much
everyone at the moment, since jsfc is fairly limited in its current
form), having a more convenient way to tack on pass through attributes
would be a nice addition to the spec, regardless of what we do with jsfc.

Andy