users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: Re: Re: [1089-HTML5-data-*attributes] PROPOSAL

From: Werner Punz <werner.punz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 13:32:35 +0200

Am 18.05.12 21:37, schrieb Andy Schwartz:
> Thanks for forwarding this, Ed. (And thanks for speaking up Paul!)
>
> I see that we've got two different use cases in mind:
>
> 1. Specifying a arbitrary number of (possibly) dynamically generated
> data-* attributes.
> 2. Specifying a small number of known data-* attributes.
>
> Paul's JSON-based proposal was aimed at #1.
>
> My counter-proposal was focused on #2.

  I personally think that both approaches should be targetted.
I personally think from a users pov the f:dataAttribute will be used by
95% of the users, while the json approach
can be used for more dense more complicated usecases. I have somewhat a
problem with the json approach because
it is outside of anything which is currently in JSF and hence some users
will get problems with it trying to grasp it.
So we should not enforce it.
But I cannot think of anything easier which resembles the same
flexibility at the moment.