users@javaserverfaces-spec-public.java.net

[jsr344-experts mirror] [jsr344-experts] Re: Re: [220-ViewStateParamNameOnly] PROPOSAL

From: Blake Sullivan <blake.sullivan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:08:48 -0800

I guess I would question whether any fixes for 1) or 2) are necessary.
The proposal before is to make non-backwards compatible behavior
changes. For such a change, I would want to see some clear benefits.
In this case, the Bridge has a work-around. It doesn't sound like the
work-around is hurting performance--nor does it sound like the Bridge is
being asked to do something outside of its purview--which in this case
is turning a document-oriented page into a fragment.

-- Blake Sullivan