[jsr372-experts] Re: [SPEC-1238] request for review

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 13:57:35 -0800

TA> All right, so lets wait!
TA> If i don't sleep, i will try to fix every unit tests, which is related to
TA> my change in few hours.

Ok, I have a genuine failure here. I've replicated it on Solaris and
Mac OS X in the build and on Hudson. Here are the details.

The test app is test/servlet30/systest.

The test app must be build with the following properties

webapp.projectStage=Development
webapp.stateSavingMethod=server
webapp.partialStateSaving=false
webapp.serializeServerState=false

I have attached a pre-built WAR to the JIRA for your convenience. I
modified the WAR slightly from HEAD to comment out all but the
offending component from the XHTML.

Once you deploy that app, visit

http://localhost:8080/jsf-systest/faces/composite/attachedvalidator.xhtml

With the change in place you will see a StackOverflow.

I'm pretty sure the failure is related to your mods in
AttachedObjectTargetImpl because if I revert just your mods to that file
and visit the same page, I do not see the StackOverflow. Indeed, there
are some comments in that file that prophecy that messing with this code
will likely produce StackOverflow.

Obviously, this change needs to run without problem.

Please give this urgent attention.

It is the same set of nine tests that fail whenever they are run.
Coincidentally, they are only run when

webapp.stateSavingMethod=server
serializeServerState=false

are set.

The set of failed tests is

>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testValidator1
>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testValidator2
>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testValidator3
>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testValidator4
>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testActionSource1
>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testActionSource2
>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testActionSource3
>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testActionSource4
>>> com.sun.faces.test.servlet30.systest.CompositeComponentsIT.testConverters

I'm going to mark these tests as @Ignore for now, but we have to make
them pass.

Thanks,

Ed