[jsr372-experts] Re: Possibly rename javax.faces.DISABLE_FACESSERVLET_TO_XHTML

From: Michael Müller <michael.mueller_at_mueller-bruehl.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 20:22:04 +0100

Hi,

As far as I understood the issue, an automated mapping to *.xhtml shall
take place if nothing is configured within the web.xml?

And only if the user explicitly wants to disable this new feature, then
he shall add the context param?

Thus, the user needs to add

<context-param>
     <param-name>javax.faces.DISABLE_FACESSERVLET_TO_XHTML</param-name>
     <param-value>true</param-name>
</context-param>

with a value of true.
The default is false, which does not disable the new feature.

On the other hand

<context-param>
     <param-name>javax.faces.ENABLE_FACESSERVLET_TO_XHTML</param-name>
     <param-value>true</param-name>
</context-param>

looks like a new feature which has to be active enabled by the user.
This is not true, if the default is true.

Thus, I vote to disable the new feature if not needed.

I assume, most user define a mapping, thus this new context param is
only rarely needed.

Herzliche Grüße - Best Regards,

Michael Müller
Brühl, Germany