[jsr372-experts] Re: [jsr372-experts mirror] Status for Cagatay

From: Cagatay Civici <cagatay.civici_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:57:12 +0300

Hi,
> 1) have done

Mainly I’ve been monitoring in standardizing two popular PrimeFaces features for JSF 2.3, my team mate Thomas Andrashcko has led the proposals.

Search Expression API
https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1423

Resource Loading Enhacements for Ajax Requests
https://java.net/jira/browse/JAVASERVERFACES_SPEC_PUBLIC-1238

In addiiton, I’ve opened a discussion on creating an interface for ui:repeat however after discussion we couldn’t settle on an api in spec.
> 2) are currently doing (and which can be completed and which is not)

Right now, I’m monitoring the two issues above.
> 3) are not going to do

I had some proposal plans to use JSON instead of HTML to update a JSF page when possible but first we’ve decided to implement it as an extension in PrimeFaces and if results are good, planning to offer it in next version of 2.4.

Regards,

Cagatay Civici
PrimeFaces Lead
PrimeTek