[jsr372-experts] Re: Status for Arjan Tijms

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 17:29:34 +0100

Hi

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 4:24 PM, manfred riem <manfred.riem_at_oracle.com>
wrote:

> Can you please tell me what you
>
> 1) have done

* Class level bean validation - 1 (only did bits and pieces for this one)
* Support for custom types in UIData and UIRepeat - 1078
* Support for the Iterable interface in UIData and UIRepeat - 1103
* System event published after view rendered - 1135
* Injection and EL resolving of JSF artefacts - 1316
* Injection in more JSF artefacts - 1316
* Support for the Map interface in UIData and UIRepeat - 1364
* Native managed beans annotations deprecated - 1417
* CDI compatible @ManagedProperty - 1418

> 2) are currently doing

Configuration - 1416

Work is done in public branch in our personal Github repo, but I never
merged it into the master

Extensionless URLs base - 1260

Small basic changes for extensionless URLs to be easier. Was originally
waiting for the "mapping API" to appear in a GF 5 build.

getResourcePaths like method for ResourceResolver - 27 jul, EG list

Resource resolver being able to provide a list of what resources it
provides.

3) are not going to do

Easy components and Facelets tag enhancements as extensively discussed
throughout the spec cycle. I absolutely would have loved to be doing these,
but there's just no time left :(

> And for 1) and 2) if there is going to be a need for any text in the

Specification (the PDF document).

The UIData and UIRepeat support for extra types are listed in the spec
document and that list would have to be extended.
Implicit objects can not be resolved via CDI totally bypassing the JSF EL
resolver for these objects, which should be mentioned in spec text.
There's 1 new implicit EL object which should be mentioned
Native managed beans annotations being deprecated should be added to
deprecated section in spec document

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms